Friday, April 4, 2014

Movie Review - Rush


GTuck - 

Somehow we didn't see Rush in the theaters, even though we had talked about going to see it.  Scheduling must not have worked out and now I'm mad at myself for not seeing it on the big screen.  Although the Blu-ray looked great and sounded great on my home theater setup, it would have been even better to see it out at the theater.

Rush is a movie about a great sport rivalry that I didn't know anything about.  Probably because it took place before I was born and mostly in Europe.  That may have something to do with it and the fact that F1 racing isn't popular in the United States, but wow, did I love this movie.  The rivalry between John Hunt and Niki Lauder took place during the 70's, but the main rivalry and excitement from the movie was in 1976.  It was for the Grand Prix cup and it's an amazing rivalry to watch.

The movie is intense, I didn't know how it was going to play out which made it that much better.  These drivers really do risk their lives every time they race and I didn't know if either driver was going to survive.  If you haven't seen this movie yet, make sure you rent it.  It's a great movie even if you aren't into car racing.  I will give Rush a 10 out of 10.

GurleeGirrl - 

Three words for you - SEE THIS MOVIE.  No joke, it's definately one of my favorites of this past year.  Although I've never been a huge fan of racing, the movie didn't bore me.  Racing is a small part of the movie, it's mainly about the rivalry of the two drivers, and the development of their "friendship".  Both Chris Hemsworth (aka Thor) and Daniel Bruhl were spot on in their likenesses to John Hunt and Niki Lauder.  The racing scenes were pretty incredible and of course, not knowing the outcome, I was always nervous anticipating a crash. The movie starts fast and never slows down.  I recommend you see this movie ASAP if you haven't already.  It's one I'll for sure watch over and over.  I just regret not seeing this movie in the theater.  I give Rush a 9 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment