Thursday, January 23, 2014

Movie Review - Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit



GTuck -

I've always enjoyed the Jack Ryan movies, whether it was Harrison Ford or Ben Affleck, it's all fun for me.  I love an espionage type thriller, as simple as they may be.  They are action thrillers and they are fun, they won't win any Oscar's, but who cares.  Maybe the story doesn't always make sense, and the action could be unbelievable, but it's a fun ride.  It's a movie that is certainly more fun to see in the theater as is any James Bond or Jason Bourne type movie, if you're into that sort of thing.  The IMAX screen and sound is perfect as well, I know we didn't see it in real IMAX, I don't really care about real IMAX anymore.  The IMAX at AMC is pretty darn good and good enough for me.  We saw this movie on Tuesday night in a theater that sits about 500 or so, and there may have been 15 people in there tops.  That's a shame as this movie is actually really good.  I give it an 8 out of 10.

GurleeGirrl -

I had seen the trailer for this a few weeks back.  I was pleasantly surprised to see Chris Pine and Kevin Costner, and the fact that it was a Tom Clancy movie - I figured it would be a worthwhile watch, and I wasn't wrong.  This movie starts off exciting and keeps going the whole time.  There is lots of action from fights to fast car chases, everything you want in a "espionage type thriller".  Chris Pine can pull off smart and badass.  Kevin Costner still has a crazy charm, and I am glad to see him back on the big screen.

We happened to see the movie in IMAX and that also adds to the excitement for me.  I totally recommend seeing this one in theaters.  I give it an 8 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment