Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Movie Review - Lone Survivor



GTuck -

Went to see Lone Survivor on Friday night and I loved it.  Didn't love the crowd, everybody in the theater was sick. I don't know if I can go to the movies anymore during the winter; at least maybe not on a Friday night when the theater is packed.  It really grosses me out, but this isn't about how I hate everybody else at the movie theater, it's about the movie Lone Survivor.  I really loved the movie, all the visuals are fantastic and the acting is great as well.  All four of the main actors:  Mark Wahlberg, Taylor Kitsch, Ben Foster and Emile Hirsch are great and believable as Navy Seals and Eric Bana is great as well.  It's very graphic and cringe worthy in quite a few scenes, but I highly recommend it.  I give Lone Survivor a 9 out of 10.

GurleeGirrl -

Like GTuck, this movie was a total hit in my book.  This movie is intense.  It's not for the faint of heart.  There is plenty of visuals that are disturbing, and at times I found it very hard to watch.  The combat scenes are action packed, and really had me feeling anxious.  I obviously knew what was going to happen, but it sure didn't make it easier to watch.  Lots of tears were shed too.

I think what I like most about the movie is that it isn't necessarily about one person, it's about an entire Seal unit.  I have a brand new respect for our men and women in the military.  I just can't imagine that anyone can be prepared for what these soldiers were faced with.  It really is insane.

I give Lone Survivor a 9 out of 10 and HIGHLY recommend you see this one at the theater.

No comments:

Post a Comment