Friday, February 7, 2014

Game Review - QuizCross



GTuck -

I haven't played an iOS game in quite some time, kind of got bored with all of them.  I was talked into downloading QuizCross and it's actually a lot of fun.  I like trivia and this combines some trivia with tic tac toe, and I think that the format makes it somewhat difficult to cheat, at least on your phone, so I think it's fun to play.  It's ad supported for free or you can unlock it for $2.99 to get rid of the ads, I already did that.  I can't stand the ads and I'm ok with paying $3 for a game I enjoy.  The game is also available for Android with the same pricing structure.


The tic tac toe format allows you to steal a square if you don't lock it down by answering all 3 questions correctly.  Above I have the chance to steal from GurleeGirrl, by just answering two correctly.  I however failed.  Who knows why Daughtry wrote a particular song?  Nobody, that's who.


I like the format and the difficulty of the questions.  Good variety of History, Sports, Geography, Movies and Music and a category with them all mixed together.  I'm really enjoying the game for now, although I'm only playing my two real life friends, I haven't branched out to play any randoms or anybody else yet for that matter.  I haven't even run into a repeat question yet, which is nice.  I do however sing QuizCross will make you jump, jump in my head every time I open the game.  I will give QuizCross an 8 out of 10.

Have you tried QuizCross?  If so, what do you think of it?  Hit me up at TheGTuck if you want to play with me.

GurleeGirrl - 

I, unlike GTuck, play iOS games a lot.  Several times a day.  I do get bored with them, but there are a few that keep me interested.  When Jenny told me to download QuizCross and play with her, I didn't hesitate.  

Unfortunately, I was unaware, or was just plain being stupid, but I didn't realize there was a "timer" and while I started playing my first game, I received a phone call which drew my attention away, so I ended up losing my first try!  That really peeved me off.  So only attempt to play when you know you can give it your full attention, unless you don't mind losing.  I MIND.  

Being competitive by nature - I get really excited if I can "steal" a square away from my opponent.  Heck, most of the time I'm totally guessing, but I do get lucky.

I have to say, I absolutely love this game.  And hey, even if I absorb only 10% of the material, at least I'm learning something.  If you are looking for some competition, look me up at GurleeGirrl

I give QuizCross a 9 out of 10.





No comments:

Post a Comment