Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Game Review - Resogun


Today I am reviewing Resogun.  Resogun is currently free with PlayStation Plus.  If you have a PS4 and PlayStation Plus you need to download this game as soon as possible while it's still free.


It's really a good looking game for an arcade shooter and comes to life on the PS4.  The game is a mix between Geometry Wars and Defender, or something along those lines.  I'm not great at making comparisons, but those two games come to mind when I play Resogun.  I love arcade games and this brings back the memories of putting quarters into a machine to just get a little bit further.  It starts off pretty easy and gets very difficult towards the end.  There are different difficulty levels, so it's enjoyable for all skill levels and ages.


The main element in Resogun is to stay alive and to save all the humans.  The humans are trapped in square cages and to free them you must shoot all the keepers before they go off the screen.  The keepers are glowing green and you must get to them quickly.  There is an audible warning when the keepers are spotted and there is an arrow that shows up off of your ship so you know which direction to go.  They can however be far away, but you can boost to the location to get there quicker.  It's really a fun game that can be very challenging and frustrating at times.  I played a lot when the PS4 first came out back in November, and I just played it a little the other day to grab these screenshots and now I want to get into it again.  I would love to be able to play through on the most difficult setting and beat the game, but I doubt I will get that good at it.  


If you have PlayStation Plus and a PS4 you need to download this game and give it a try.  If you have a PS4 and don't have PlayStation Plus, you need to get it.  The free games have been pretty great so far for PS4, plus the games for PS3 and Vita are also top notch.  I will give Resogun an 8 out of 10.





1 comment:

  1. Are there any arcade style games you are hooked on? I really like Pac-Man Championship Edition DX as well, I could play that for hours and hours.

    ReplyDelete