Friday, February 21, 2014

Game Review: Titanfall Beta


Unless you've been living under a rock, you've heard about Titanfall and most likely the Titanfall beta that was available for Xbox One and PC.

I'm not sure if it's proper etiquette to review a beta, but I'm going to do it anyway.  I'm pretty sure I love Titanfall, it's the perfect combination of Call of Duty and Halo and something new.  There are AI characters to kill, giant Mech's.  I can't think of what else you could possibly need, you want a jet pack?  You got it, you want to run along the walls, you can do that too.  The graphics are great, but it doesn't blow me away or anything.  I would say Killzone on the PS4 still looks better than this one, but the graphics aren't going to hold it back.  It's all about the game play and the game play is fantastic.  I love running along walls, jet packing to the tops of buildings and controlling my Titan.  This game has it all, and I feel that I would have no need to play Call of Duty or Battlefield once this game comes out.  I'm not going to go crazy and say I will pre-order it, but I will probably buy it digitally the day it comes out.  I see myself playing this for the next year and when I'm done playing it, it will be worthless anyway.  Might as well buy it digitally for the convenience. These are just my impressions on playing the couple of maps in the beta and the few game modes that were available.  I really did have fun playing it and I think Titanfall will sell some Xbox One's for sure.  I will give the Titanfall beta a 9 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment