Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Most Anticipated Games of 2014

What games are you anticipating the most this year?

I know Titanfall is on a lot of gamer's minds, since I don't currently have an Xbox One, I haven't been following it too much.  Although when I saw an Xbox One over the weekend for $479 I thought about it, I mean that's $20 off, it's a steal.  It's almost stupid not to buy it, but I talked myself out of it.  I'm trying to simplify my gaming life and for me the exclusives on PlayStation are more appealing.  The only games I will be missing are Titanfall and whatever Halo games come out.  I honestly think I'm bored with the Halo franchise and Titanfall is online only and I'm not even sure I will love it, but heck it's giant mechs, I love giant mechs.

Titanfall



So even though Titanfall is on a lot of gamer's lists, it's really not on mine at the moment.  It comes out next month.

Metal Gear Solid V is kind of a mess at this point.  There is a preview game called Ground Zeroes coming out rather quickly on March 18, 2014 for Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, and PS4.  It however is just a prologue and reported to be only two hours long.  It's $30 for Xbox One and PS4 and only $20 for Xbox 360 and PS3.  I however will get it and be happy playing some next gen Metal Gear.  Phantom Pain is the full game that will come out after this, but an official release date has not been announced.

Metal Gear Solid V:  Ground Zeroes




The two games I'm looking forward to the next couple of months are both PlayStation 4 exclusive games.  inFAMOUS:  Second Son and MLB The Show 14.

MLB The Show 14



inFAMOUS:  Second Son




From what I've seen so far, both games look amazing.  inFAMOUS:  Second Son comes out March 21, 2014.  That's really not even that far away and I can't wait to play it.  There isn't a confirmed release date for MLB The Show 14 yet, but the rumor is April 1, 2014, so hopefully that's true even though it's April Fools Day.  I can't wait to start playing some next gen baseball, and with Cabrera on the cover, it makes it even sweeter for me.  Go Tigers!!!

As I mentioned, I don't have an Xbox One, but I do however have a Wii U and I've been enjoying plenty of games on that system.  I've had every console Nintendo has ever made so I'm not about to stop playing Nintendo games now.  I'm really looking forward to Mario Kart 8.  I'm anxiously waiting to play it online and to completing all the tracks.  Even though this is the 8th iteration of Mario Kart and I've played them all, I still look forward to it, and this will be the first we all get to play it in High Definition.

Mario Kart 8



GTuck's most anticipated games of 2014:

  • Mario Kart 8
  • inFAMOUS: Second Son
  • Metal Gear Solid V 
  • MLB The Show 14  
  • Destiny
  • Madden
  • NBA 2K
  • Drive Club 
  • Donkey Kong Country Returns:  Tropical Freeze.  
Let me know what you are looking forward to playing in 2014, maybe I'm missing something hot that's coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment