Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Movie Reviews - Thanks for Sharing and Captain Phillips


GTuck - 

I didn't like Thanks for Sharing, I remember when we first saw the trailer I thought it was a movie we might like.  Strange indie romantic comedies are usually right up our alley, this one however is just not good.  None of the characters are very likable, the acting however is fine, but nothing super exciting.  Just skip this movie, or wait for it on HBO and watch it in bits and pieces if you are really bored.  I will give Thank You for Sharing a 4 out of 10.

GurleeGirrl - 

Whomever said this was the "feel good film of the year" must be crazy.  I wasn't feeling good at all through the movie.  It was just plain weird and uncomfortable to me.  There were a few funny moments - thanks to Pink, but overall, the movie was on the dark side.  Left me feeling uncomfortable.  Not a winner in my book.  I give Thank You for Sharing a 3 out of 10.  Waste of time.


GTuck - 

I didn't love Captain Phillips either, I guess it was better than Thank You for Sharing, but that isn't saying a heck of a lot.  Tom Hanks is great as Captain Phillips, but I have no idea why this is up for Best Picture.  It's boring.  I would skip this one too, unless you are a huge Tom Hanks fan, I guess it's worth a rental.  I give Captain Phillips a 6 out of 10.

GurleeGirrl - 

Can you believe I survived watching this?  I did not have high expectations, but of course with all the accolades I've heard about this movie, I decided to give it a shot.  Maybe it was well acted, but hey it's Tom Hanks - I wasn't surprised by that.  About an hour or so into the movie, I thought, yay it's over, but it wasn't.  It wasn't even 1/2 over.  So in my opinion, it was entirely too long.  Didn't need to drag the story out.  But they did.  Is this one you need to see at the theater?  NO.  I give Captain Phillips a 5 out of 10.  

No comments:

Post a Comment