Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Movie Review - Enemy


GTuck - 

When I first saw the trailer for Enemy I was very intrigued, thought it would be a great thriller.  It's directed by the same guy that did Prisoners and also stars Jake Gyllenhaal, seems pretty can't lose to me.  The movie is very artsy, maybe just for the sake of being artsy with an annoying sepia filter on the camera at all times.  Shot with certain lighting and at certain times of day to get that "look".  Meh, it doesn't impress me and the story overall is very weird and creepy.  I didn't enjoy it a lot, but I have it for 7 more days on my DVR, so I have that going for me.  This is available to watch as an early release on DirecTV for $12.99.  I suggest that you save your money, it's really not worth it.  Unless you are really into that artsy movie that doesn't make a ton of sense.  Jake Gyllenhaal does a fine job acting in the movie, I don't have any problems with the acting by anybody in the flick.  It's just the story that doesn't do it for me, and the sake of being artsy for the sake of being artsy.  I will give Enemy a 5 out of 10.

GurleeGirrl - 

I really don't even know what to say about this movie, except I wasn't happy about this movie at any time, beginning to end.  It started super weird and ended even weirder.  I agree with GTuck that the acting was fine, it was the storyline that had me wondering WTF.  I was never able to sit back, relax and enjoy the movie.  It was just plain weird.  Too weird for me.  I'm still trying to figure out how the heck it has a 90% Critics Rating on Rotten Tomatoes.  My advice, save your money.  Not even sure if this is worthy of a Redbox rental.  If you are flipping channels on HBO one day and it's on, it's safe to pass it up!  I give Enemy a 3 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment