Thursday, February 6, 2014

Movie Review - Labor Day


GTuck -

I liked this movie a lot more than I thought it would.  Sure there is a lot that may be unbelievable, but if you allow yourself to get into it it's a pretty good movie.  Another well acted, artsy romantic comedy which we both always seem to enjoy.  Josh Brolin and Kate Winslet are very good in the movie, they both pull their characters off quite well.  Even the kid is good in the movie and child actors usually annoy me, he didn't do that.  James Van Der Beek and Clark Gregg also play minor roles and are quite good when they are on the screen.  It's definitely a great date movie, and you won't be bored having to sit through it if you allow yourself to get lost in the possibly not plausible story.  I give Labor Day an 8 out of 10.

GurleeGirrl - 

First off, this movie is right up my ally as I L-O-V-E a good love story.  The story is narrated from the son's perspective, and it was well laid out.  Kate Winslet played a depressed/mentally off divorcee.  They totally frumped her out for the role, and it was believable.  Josh Brolin, who seems to be aging quite nicely, is an escaped convict (murderer), and he can play that type of character.  The two together, meshed well and created a budding, intense relationship, all played out over the course of Labor Day Weekend.  You can't help but root for this broken couple.

The son is dealing with his own issues, as well as trying to figure out if he fits in to his mom's "new life".  I don't recall seeing Gattlin Griffith (Henry) in anything else, but he was great in this movie.

The movie is very dialogue driven but isn't confusing or hard to follow.  I was never bored, an actually there is a quite a build-up to a major movie scene, which caused me to actually get nervous.

I of course shed a tear or two, but that's one of the reasons I loved this movie so much, it really moved me.

I would certainly recommend this movie to any of my romantic-at-heart people out there.  I give Labor Day an 8 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment